To place an order call: 1.415.920.6740

A Central Concrete Company

Bode-100-book

16th & Alabama Streets Office (1948-1996) Bode Gravel Company was founded almost a century ago in March 1915 during the year the Panama-Pacific International Exposition opened its doors in San Francisco and became known throughout the world as the “glittering jewel” of the Pacific.
historyImage1

Henry Bode, Founder of Bode Gravel
Founded as “Moore’s Bode Gravel Company” by Henry W. Bode. , it was renamed “Bode Gravel Company” in 1923. During the first ten years, three plants were operated with major projects including Twin Peaks and Doboce tunnels for street car operation.
historyImage8

Old style Bode truck
historyImage6

1930′s: Here Comes Bode!
historyImage2

1960’s: Irv Rhine and Dan Boardman Sr.
historyImage3

1965, The Bode truck stands by at Land’s End, refilling the bucket with concrete to be lifted up by helicopter out to Idle Rock Lighthouse for pouring of a helicopter deck on the lighthouse.
historyImage5

Our slogan is emblazoned on each of our trucks as a symbol of Service, Quality, and Progress in San Francisco.
historyImage4

Bode Gravel Company becomes Bode Concrete.
historyImage9

Dan, Doug and Randy Boardman
historyImage10